- This event has passed.
Monthly Meeting: Cully Housing Action Team (CHAT)
February 7, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Join CHAT to learn about ways to advocate for affordable housing! Childcare and dinner provided.
CHAT Campaign #1
Advocating in support of new laws at the state and city that will limit rent increases and stop renters from being evicted for no reason.
CHAT Campaign #2
We help our neighbors who are in danger of losing their homes
· We participate in the “Save the Oak Leaf” campaign, in order to prevent the closure of a mobile home park that is home to 30 families.
· We went to rallies at City Hall to call on City Council to help the families that live at the Oak Leaf.
· We will help families in the neighborhood who need to repair their roofs.
CHAT Campaign #3
Bring land and housing under the control of our community – so that housing won’t be a commodity that only the rich can buy and sell
· We are working to take care of land owned by non-profit organizations, where affordable housing will be built in the future.
· We are investigating how families without social security numbers can access loans to buy homes.